Thursday, September 23, 2010

Well, I am now officially a college student. Welcome to my newest update, full of pictures from my relocation 120 miles south from the home I've had my entire life. Pretty crazy to think that my "permanent residence" for the next 8 or 9 months will be down here and not my hometown.

09/18/2010


This picture is actually from the night before I left, last Saturday. Zack took my out to dinner and a movie (our last date night for awhile :( ) and we went to our favorite place in the entire world, Olive Garden. Yummy! Pictured is what I ordered - rigatoni with 5-cheese sauce, a breadstick and an almost-finished virgin strawberry daiquiri. So delicious. (Thank you, Zack!)

09/19/2010


Well, here it is: my office area of my dorm room that I share with my roommate, Emily. She's really nice and we both love our room, so that's good! You can see here my super comfy blue chair and my favorite John Lennon "People for Peace" poster. Overall I think that we have a good amount of space and I really like how my side of the room turned out - it reflects my bedroom at home pretty well.

09/20/2010


Wow. That's all I have to say. I took this the next morning (Monday) after moving in Sunday. It's Convocation, where all of the freshman class is together the only other time besides graduation. It was pretty insane. This is only a part of the sea of kids that were there.

09/21/2010


Sadly, college life was already taking its toll on me at this point and classes hadn't even started yet, so this isn't my most creative picture. Actually, we all are/were tired because of all the walking we aren't used to. I was sitting with one of my good friends, Ian (he went to my high school and is now at OSU with me! Check out his blog here.) near the RPAC (amazing recreational facility on campus) after standing in the sweltering 90-degree heat for hours, pushing through crowds to get our hands on free stuff at the big Buck-i-Frenzy fair. It was pretty crazy but I got a lot of good stuff for free and enjoyed sitting with Ian in the grass for hours. Pictured here is the view of the Ohio Stadium that we were looking at.

09/22/2010


This was the cause of major chaos in my floor/hall yesterday afternoon. This actually is the view from my room's window. I had gotten out of my last class around 4:30 pm and walked the ten minutes back to my room in a bit of a misty-rain type deal but figured the weather wouldn't get much worse. Boy, was I wrong! About 20 minutes after arriving back in my room, people on our floor started running around and asking if Emily and I were going to go downstairs. Of course, we asked why...apparently there was a tornado warning on campus. We looked out the window and THIS is what we saw. It was crazy dark outside and we were so high up that we could see/feel (our window was open) the leaves and trees swirling in the strong wind. We went downstairs with everyone else for a few minutes, but nothing really happened aside from some rain. False alarm - but the sky was pretty cool to look at.

09/23/2010


Today after my Calc class ended, I made a stop in the brand new amazing library on campus. It has 11 floors and on the top is a giant reading room surrounded by windows with amazing views of all sides of  campus. Unfortunately, all the little cubbies to look out the windows were already claimed and I didn't want to look like a total dorky freshman snapping pictures of everything I see (although I am) so I just pulled out my camera real quick to take this one from farther away from the window than I wanted. You can see the RPAC (the grayish building with the glass windows on the right) and then the two residence hall towers. Beyond the towers is the Olentangy River and West Campus, where the Agriculture/Environmental Science buildings and some of my classes are located.

No comments: