Friday, October 1, 2010

Well, this is mighty long and mighty overdue, folks.

09/24/2010


Last Friday night, the Ohio Union Activites Board put on a free concert for all us Buckeyes - Weezer! The show was great. I've loved Weezer for years, the engery was fantastic and I stood in the crowd with my good friend Ian for hours to get the great position that we ended up getting. Oh, and...it was free. :)

09/25/2010


GO BUCKS!!! My dad knew someone from his work that had two extra tickets to the OSU-Eastern Michigan game last weekend, so he helped me get my hands on them and Zack came down so we could go see the game together! It was my first OSU football game and his second. We were both so stoked and the game was great - we crushed EMU. (73-20, if I remember correctly) I loved watching the players, the band and cheerleaders (pictured here is the classic Script Ohio) and the crowd. Everyone was just so energetic! Thanks, Dad. :)

09/26/2010

 

Meet Grumpy. My roommate, Emily, got him as a pet a few days ago. He is a "semi-aggressive tropical fish." She named him Grumpy because of the grumpy face he always makes. He's so cute! I have officially been dubbed his Aunt.

09/27/2010


Another work of Emily as my picture for the day! I brought a bunch of word magnets for our microfridge and during the crazy 90-degree heat wave in Columbus, I came home one day to see her "Can it get any hotter?" message. Ha ha ha.

09/28/2010


So the other night, Emily and I made a discovery that we were both OBSESSED with Jesse McCartney when we were younger...so we promptly had a Jmac jam sesh in our room. (His album on her computer is pictured here) A little ridiculous that we're both 18 and still love his cheesy pop songs? Maybe, but it sure was fun.

09/29/2010


My Dad came to visit me in Cbus Wednesday night, bringing me lots of yummy goodies and then taking me shopping to get some more stuff I needed in my room. (Thanks, Dad!) On the way out of Kroger (the grocery store we went to), I noticed the sky was gorgeous - the sun was setting and the clouds were really wispy and swirly. I actually took this with his camera because I didn't have mine on me. Don't the clouds look almost like some sort of bone formation, almost like a spine? That isn't meant to be creepy, I just thought it looked really neat.

09/30/2010


This isn't the best picture, I know. But last night I went with some friends to the Hoover Reservoir (near New Albany) to try out OSU's Sailing Club! It was really fun, it was just super windy so it was almost too much for these little old boats to handle. (someone told me they were from 1976!) They are F420's, which are just little wooden two passenger racing boats. It was a beautiful night for a sail! Now I just need to decide if I want to join for sure or not.


I just had to upload this one, too...this was the sunset as we were leaving the Reservoir. So pretty!

I don't have a picture yet for today...I will try and update more frequently, starting with whatever I find to capture this evening!

No comments: