Tuesday, October 26, 2010

10/16/2010


A bit out of inspiration again after a long evening at work, I took this last Saturday. When I went home a couple of weeks ago, my Mom had cut out a couple of pictures of penguins she thought I'd like and this was one of them. (Penguins are my FAVORITE animal - sooo cute!) It looks like they are a little baby penguin couple, holding flippers! Aww.

10/17/2010


Sunday sure was an exciting day on campus! President Obama and his wife, Michelle, and various members of Ohio's current government (such as Ted Strickland - he's about the only name I recognized since sadly I am  not very much up to date on politics) all came to speak at the free Moving America Forward rally on the giant Oval on campus. Apparently over 35,000 came to see everyone (but probably mostly Obama) speak, including Zack and I and his older sister who also attends OSU. It was long and a pretty tiring standing up in a close crowd for hours (and I had worked earlier that day) but it was worth it since I got to see the President! (And Zack was visiting - always fun!) 


This is a pretty good picture of Obama standing off to the side as Michelle introduced him. I had a hard time getting pictures once he was at the podium because a microphone was blocking my view of his face.


This is one of the best shots I got of him speaking. He gave such a moving speech urging the importance of us getting out and voting this November. It was a really great experience!

10/18/2010


As I was hiking over the giant foot bridge connecting West (Agricultural) Campus with the rest of OSU's main campus for my Environmental Science class, I paused to take a view of the scenic Olentangy River that runs through campus. It's really nice to have areas of water (such as this river and Mirror Lake) and large parks (the Oval and the South Oval) on campus, it really makes it a gorgeous place to live and go to school.

10/19/2010


Since I love my state and my college, I thought this photo was very appropriate. It is featured outside of a new store in the Ohio Union called Station 88. They sell pretty unique OSU themed stuff and their grand opening was last week, which was when I stumbled upon this giant Ohio! It is made up of a bunch of Ohio license plates from different years.

10/20/2010


I am already aware that this picture is a tad self-centered: it's my eye. Emily and I got all dressed up to go and see a comedian, Aziz Ansari, for free at the Union Wednesday night. He put on a great show and kept us laughing - definitely enjoyed it! We weren't allowed to take pictures at the show, though, so since I really liked my eye makeup that night I decided a picture showcasing it would suffice.

10/21/2010



Not too much to say about this picture - just that I thought the sky was exceptionally pretty with the bright sun, puffy clouds and bright blue hue that is so characteristic of fall.

10/22/2010


Emily and I took quite an adventure (if you really want to know the full story - ask me, but the long and short of it was that it took us 2 and a half hours to get somewhere that was supposed to take less than 45 minutes - oops!) Friday evening and went to a nearby mall, Tuttle Mall. Despite our travel troubles we still had a great time and I snapped this picture while waiting for the bus. I liked how college-y the building looked and the (surprise surprise) brightly colored tree next to it.

10/23/2010


This was what I stared at for hours on Saturday before and after working my 4 hour shift - my Chemistry midterm was today (Monday) and I studied like crazy for it (hopefully it paid off). This was my desk covered in Chemistry...and if you look closely, you can see I'm watching ESPN. Shocker - being at a huge football lovin' university has indeed made me love football as well!

10/24/2010


On my way Sunday night to a Chemistry review session as the sun was setting, I thought the swirling clouds in the sky behind the huge and brand new Thompson Library in the Oval was gorgeous.

10/25/2010


My Dad came to visit and bring me food (yay!) last Thursday and he also brought me some Halloween decorations, like these pumpkin lights to put in my room! I strung them under my bed and voila - instant Halloween in the comfort of my tiny dorm room. :)

No comments: