Saturday, September 18, 2010

I've got a lot of updating to do, don't I? Here goes nothin'!

09/13/2010


Monday I spent part of the day with my Aunt Cherie and my cousin Courtney. We went out to eat lunch at Olive Garden (mmm) and then went to a few farmer's markets to check out the fall produce. Look - sweet corn, corn husks and pumpkins are all pictured above! Love fall. I bought one of the small pumpkins in the bin on the far right. :) The market was called Bender's and it was fantastic!


While there, Courtney and I saw a sign for free kittens...and who can resist free kittens?! So we went and played with them for a bit. :) I have never seen kittens so tiny. The one I'm holding in this picture was the smallest and was sooo adorable. Courtney is in the background. It was so hard not to take it home. :( Why can't they allow kittens in dorm rooms?

09/14/2010


The next day, I went out to lunch with my mom and my grandparents. Afterward, we went back to my grandparents' house and I pet their old kitty, John. He was pictured in one of the pictures from a few days ago, stalking something in the woods. Here, his tongue hangs out in sheer happiness while I scratch his ear. How precious!

09/15/2010


I took a few minutes on Wednesday to make my favorite cookies - pumpkin spice. Mmm, I absolutely LOVE anything with pumpkin in it. I made these once last year (the Betty Crocker mix is pictured also - very quick and easy). They are absolute heaven. If you see the mix, buy it and make it, you won't be let down!

09/16/2010


Yesterday I went with Zack down to Ohio State to fill out paperwork for a new job I got as a waitress in a restaurant called Sloopy's Diner in the Ohio Union. Afterwards, we met up with his sister (who is a student graduating this year at OSU) and then wandered a bit around town and campus. It was fun! Pictured above is my residence hall! Count up seven floors and that's where I'll be living this year.

09/17/2010


And let the stressing commence! Today I got all my stuff I want to take down to Columbus with me together and packed it up (with the help of my Dad - thanks Dad!). I leave Sunday morning, so tomorrow is my last day in town. It's so surreal, I can't believe it. I'm super excited to go! (Note that I don't say "leave" because I'm not excited to leave behind my mom and dad, boyfriend, friends, kitties, bed, house, car, etc; but I am VERY excited to go down and start my new life!) This picture doesn't show quite all of everything that I'm taking down. I was a little overwhelmed, but it's done now!


I'm staying at my Dad's house tonight and we went out on his deck to look at the lake this evening and noticed a great blue heron had just landed on his dock. This is the best picture I could get of him - I love those birds!

No comments: