Sunday, September 12, 2010

09/11/2010


Doesn't this just look AMAZING? I tried to get as close a shot as possible so that I could convey the deliciousness of this donut. I'm a sucker for a good maple cream-filled donut, and that's that. Yesterday I finally got the first one I've had in a long time and it was just heavenly.
There really is nothing else to say about this picture, haha.

09/12/2010


My mom spotted this photo-op tonight during dinner - the spiderweb is perfectly illuminated by the evening sun. Pretty cool, huh? Also, my dad's Old Town canoe is in the background.


This is my accomplishment for the day! I meant to take a "before" picture but I completely forgot...but before this old jewelry box looked like this, it was all pink and blue and yellow and covered in flowers and girlish writing and basically looked like it should belong to a 12-year-old. In fact, I've had it since I was probably 11 or 12, so that would explain that. Let me just be honest: I was really embarrassed to take this to college because it looked so juvenile. Also, new jewelry boxes are SO expensive, so I decided to repaint this, buy some stickers to decorate it (the black swirls on the side panel and the top) and use a stamp I made in an art class two years ago on the three front drawers. I loved that stamp and have always looked for another way to use it, and I finally found it! I drew the design myself (two daffodils intertwined because they are my birth flower) and carved it into a little rubber block to make a stamp and voila! I think the stamp itself and my whole jewelry box turned out pretty good...and instead of $50 for a new box, I only spent 99 cents on the pack of stickers. :)

2 comments:

Louie said...

Ahhh, we'll make an artist out of you yet! It's a great box, and you did a nice job - I love it!

Louie said...

Oh - I meant to comment on the donut, too - cream filled??? Really?? YumYumYum! AND maple - my favorites, too - just can't find that cream filling around here :(