Thursday, September 2, 2010

Alright, I slacked a little on the updating, I know. My bad. But hey, I've been busy!
First off, we've got another cat picture. I just couldn't resist snapping this one.

9/1/2010

This is another one of my cats, Ginger. I don't mean to seem like an old lady who sits around all day and takes pictures of her kitties, but I mean, we do have four of them in the house and if I am all out of inspiration like I was tonight (attention: excuse alert...I was exhausted from seven hours of work, thankyouverymuch), kitty pictures come in handy.
Anyway, Ginger (who is a boy - gender mix up, whoops!) likes to knead on this white blanket I've had since I was a baby. We think it's because it smells like me and for a long time, Ginger was "my" kitty (or I was Ginger's owner, as they do seem to pick their owners rather than us picking them). Every evening he comes in my room and meows like crazy until I let him knead on his blankie. It's so strange. He gets this dazed, lovey-dovey look in his eyes that you can see in the picture. Weird cat.

8/31/2010

The above picture was taken Tuesday night when Zack and I went to see one of my all-time favorite bands, Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers live in concert. (What can I say? I'm a classic rock junkie.) They were playing at one of my favorite venues, Blossom Music Center. It's a really cool outdoor place that does have a small pavilion but sitting on the lawn like we were is the most fun, I think. I have never in my life seen Blossom so packed full of people (and I've been to 5 or 6 different shows there). This picture doesn't really do it justice.


We were seated somewhat far away from the stage (because that's kind of how all the lawn seats are but the vibe is just so fun) so this is one of the best pictures I got of the band. Tom Petty himself is in the middle holding the guitar, wearing black and red. You can also see him in the top and bottom screens of the three screens on the right. They played all of my favorite TP songs: "American Girl," "You Don't Know How it Feels," "Won't Back Down," and of course, "Free Fallin'." They only didn't play my one favorite, "Don't Do Me Like That," but it was still an absolute blast. For 60 years old, Tom Petty is still an amazing performer.


I liked this picture because even though it was on the big screen by the stage, you can see how much fun he's having performing. I think that night was one of the best I've had in awhile. :)

No comments: