Sunday, August 29, 2010

8/28/2010


Today I went for an 8- or 9-mile bike ride along the Ohio & Erie Canal Towpath near my house. The towpath runs north and south from Cleveland, Ohio all the way down to Zoar (and maybe farther?). I usually ride the stretch nicknamed Mesopotamia north to Summit Lake Park (about 4 miles one way). Summit Lake Park hosts the only "floating towpath," as pictured above. It's pretty cool to ride on and you get a great view of the lake! In the background of the picture, pretty far away, you can see the edges of downtown Akron.


On the way back home after turning around, I spotted what my mom and I figured out was an osprey circling in the sky above me. This is the best picture I got of him - click to make it bigger. He looks pretty cool. Although I see ospreys fairly frequently when I spend time on the nearby Portage Lakes, it is still a good sign to see one circling overhead.

No comments: