Thursday, August 19, 2010

Day 1: Hey guys, I'm really cheesy.


Well, that's me. Me and my lovely camera (a.k.a. my new constant companion for the next 365 days), that is. Yeah, yeah, I know it's a really dorky picture but I promise you, I've got a good excuse. First of all, it's 12:15 a.m. and I'm not in such a creative mood. Second, I'm going on a camping trip tomorrow morning and my actual camera's batteries are currently charging so the only device I had left to take a photo with was my webcam. I figured a photo of me and my Nikon Coolpix L22 was an okay start to this blog, albeit extremely cheesy.

So what's the purpose of this blog, you might ask? Well, years ago, my photographic-inclined aunt began a blog of her own that was inspired by Project 365. Basically, you take one photo each day for an entire year and post it here. Additionally, you can write or post links that go along with the picture, which I'll do whenever i'm feeling extra-inspired. :)

I know it's going to be tough, especially with everything I'll have going on in the coming year. But they say college is supposed to be the best time of your life, and this photo blog is supposed to create an everlasting reminder of the next 365 days, so here we go. One day at a time.

1 comment:

Louie said...

Wow - congratulations on this ambitious project! You already know it will be hard to pick up the camera on some days, but that's all right, too! You're doing this for you, so don't be hard on your self - just enjoy. This will be such a great way to document your busy year, AND it will let all of us live it with you vicariously! Go for it!