Thursday, August 26, 2010

08/25/2010

Now let me just start off by saying that I have already been made aware of the fact that this looks pretty disgusting in pictures, but this is by far the BEST guacamole dip I've ever had/made. I pretty much ate up the entire bowl of it myself. Yummm.
I'd like to share the recipe with you for any fellow guac-lovers out there. I sort of did my own take on a recipe I already had (simply adjusting amounts of ingredients based on what I like: more garlic and spices, less onion and tomato, etc), given to me at a local farmer's market by a company from Hudson, OH called Charlie's Gourmet Garlic. They truly grow the BEST garlic (I've bought from them a few times) and their recipe, the basis for the below instructions, is awesome as well.

Delicious Guacamole Recipe (based on Charlie's Guacamole Recipe)

2 avocados
4-5 squirts of lemon juice
1/4 cup diced red onion
1 diced roma tomato
1 diced tomatillo tomato
1 large minced clove of garlic
1 diced jalapeno pepper (use disposable gloves or wash hands right away)
a handful or so of chopped cilantro (yum)
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp sea or kosher salt

Scoop out the flesh of the avocados, mash until smooth and add remaining ingredients. Stir and enjoy!

No comments: