Saturday, July 9, 2011

I am writing this from Zack's computer at his house (as he so graciously let me use it) because our DSL at home is being funky and not working. Blah. Attempting to get it fixed Monday. In the mean time...

6/21/11


I got some of this last year at a farmer's market, but I can't remember when it was or if I photographed it. It is  homemade blueberry jam from a farm with the whole blueberries still in there. Best. Jam. I've. Ever. Had. In fact, it's the only jam I like. I'm sure it doesn't matter what farm you get it from, but if it has the whole fruit and it's homemade, it will be just as fabulous. Go to your local farmer's market and get some!


Angry Isabel is angry. Haha - she was playing (voluntarily) in the kitty condo we have but Mom and I kept messing with her and she got mad.


Trying to escape!!

6/22/11


Took this on my new phone (see next picture) at Giant Eagle. It's a huge olive bar you can sample! Om nom nom sooo good. I love olives.

6/23/11


New phone!! Finally! It is a Samsung Epic 4G from Sprint with Android - translation: the coolest phone I've ever owned. I love it so much. It's the full touchscreen with a nice keyboard and a very big, vibrant display. Akron doesn't get 4G speeds, but Columbus does, so I'll get a nice, fast internet connection on my phone next school year. Thanks, Dad!

6/24/11


In my garden, the adult sunflower (background) pictured with the new seedling (foreground).


Beautiful raindrops in Zack's yard.

6/25/11


The Boat Show at the Harbor Inn on Portage Lakes! Every year Dad enters his Dad's almost 100-year-old Morris canoe, named Lena (previously Venus II) in the show. She always get lots of compliments. She's beautiful, isn't she? She'll be my canoe someday. :)

6/26/11


Freddy squinting at the bright flash. He's so cute!

6/27/11


Current summer reading: A Sand County Almanac by Aldo Leopold. An environmentalist's staple.

6/28/11


Beautiful summer day, view from my front yard.

6/29/11


A big patch of bamboo at the side of my Dad's yard. It's funny, after 6 years of my Dad living here, I never noticed this was here. I feel silly!

6/30/11


Henri looks like a Cheshire cat!


Driving through the valley for hours with Ian, catching up and getting ice cream (he surprised me!).  I believe I took this on Riverview Rd. I love driving through the valley.

7/1/11


Mentor Headlands State Park Beach on Lake Erie. Zack and I went up there for the day with Dad and the kids. Dad was having a ball sailing his little toy boat!


I love water photographs.


Some kids on the beach spent all day making a fort! Pretty cool.


Dad and William flying Dad's 30 year old kite. 


This little dude landed on me. Yuck.


View of the late afternoon beach.

7/2/11


Warm vegan brownies and fresh-picked black raspberries. HEAVEN.

7/3/11


Zack and I went to Dad's to watch the fireworks on Portage Lakes.


The beautiful fireworks and their reflections in the lake.


They really were great!

7/4/11


Happy 4th of July! My sad attempt at a patriotic dessert - the icing melted in the humidity and the fruit slid off, but they were still good.


Sparklers :)


My attempt at writing "OSU."


Zack trying to write "HI."

7/5/11


Ginger after a moth flying around my room. So cute. :)

7/6/11


Beautiful sunset on Exchange St.

7/7/11


Fred is miserable in the heat.


Swimming at Katie's house! It was great catching up and hanging out with her.


We went to the grand opening of Sephora at Summit Mall. SO MUCH MAKEUP.

7/8/11


Day lilies in the front yard.

7/9/11


Zack's Dad's new house - Zack's new home! It's huuuuge inside, and really nice. We all love it!

No comments: