Thursday, July 14, 2011

7/10/11


This was quite a surprise - went out to eat at one of my favorite places, Olive Garden, with Zack and his family. I ordered one of their new dishes, Shrimp Carbonara, I believe. It was cheese ravioli with shrimp, spinach and tomato in a butter sauce...or so the description said. I ordered it, got halfway through (loving every delicious bite) and realized that something was odd: there were small odd-shaped brownish pieces mixed in the sauce and a curious smokey taste lingering behind each bite. The general consensus at the table was that it was some sort of mystery seasoning - Zack even tried one and said it didn't taste like anything! I shrugged it off, finished the dish, and we left. Later I checked and lo and behold, the mysterious spices were bacon bits. Whoooops. I never felt sick or anything, and the dish was still good, so I figured there was no point in freaking out about it. Just a silly story! Even 19-year-long vegetarians make mistakes sometimes.

7/11/11


Poor Isabel was hot! I know this picture is blurry but it was too good not to upload. I set up the fan for whoever wanted it and noticed that not long after, she was taking advantage of its coolness. Too funny.


I finally got a cover for my phone! I LOVE it. My mom said it looks like it's straight out of the 60s.

7/12/11


Aww, da brudders are cuddling! Fred on the left, Ginger on the right. We really believe they love each other. They are so sweet.

7/13/11


Went for a nice evening sail with Dad. He is teaching me to really learn how to sail, rather than just be his handy assistant. :)


View upward at the gorgeous sails.


Sailing at sunset. :) So relaxing.

No comments: