Sunday, June 12, 2011

Happy summer! I'm going to break up this post into two posts: the last week and a half of my freshman year of college (!!!) and the start of summer.

5/27/11


I went on an adventure in Clintonville, a little north of campus.  It was originally to take final photographs for my English class I was taking this quarter. I took the bus with my bike loaded on the front to the place I wanted to take pictures, but decided to just ride my bike back all the way to campus after I was done. I am really glad I did, because I found the bike path that runs parallel to the Olentangy River from north of campus all the way through and south of campus. I had been meaning to find it and ride it sometime! The entrance to the path off of a main street in Clintonville was called Bike Blvd., as you can see painted on the asphalt.  Right before I took this picture, I passed what is called a bike box in the intersection of Bike Blvd and the main road.  Bike boxes are supposed to serve as safe spaces for bikes to wait in the street to cross the road without having to worry about cars overtaking them, as the boxes themselves are painted entirely green so they are hard to miss. Very cool!


The map of the bike path once I arrived on the edges of campus. I was heading south. Click to zoom in!

5/28/11


Home for the weekend! Went to see Zack and his friend Jordan's band play tonight as an opener for Zack's Dad's band. Very cool! They did a great job.

5/29/11


Isabel can be so sweet sometimes (ahem, when she's asleep).

5/30/11


I sent home a LOT of stuff in my room with my Dad upon going back to Columbus after Memorial Day weekend. My side of the room looks so empty!

5/31/11


I had to work late this night. As I was walking back, I spotted this raccoon!

6/1/11


Lying on the big marble benches outside of the architecture building before class, enjoying the weather. A close up shot of the marble is above.


A cow on the Oval?! There was a fundraiser today where you could milk the cow! I didn't actually do it, but I enjoyed seeing her.

6/2/11


Baby ducklings on Mirror Lake!

They let me get sooo close!

6/3/11


Beautiful pink flowers on the way to chemistry.

6/4/11


Studying in the Union during a quick summer storm. I love how the raindrops on the window are lit up with the light from outside.

6/5/11


Happy birthday to Emily!! I got her some nail polishes she had been wanting and made this little makeshift post-it note banner. I think she had a good birthday considering everyone (including her) was stressed for the start of finals week.

6/6/11


Went to eat some cotton candy I had been saving, only to find it had melted and resolidified into this rock-hard lump! Disappointing but funny.

6/7/11


Reading material to study for my Landscape Architecture writing final the next morning. The book, Visions of Paradise, written by my professor, John Simpson, is actually really interesting. I really liked that class!

6/8/11


Studying for my chem final. (You can see I was getting a lot of work done! - Just kidding, this was a study break.)  The hologram on the front of my book was creating some pretty rainbows reflecting the light from the skylight in the study room.


Said skylight. Such a nice place to study!

6/9/11


Goodbye freshman year! Bye Columbus! Bye OSU! Bye Siebert! I can't believe it's all over already...it's surreal and bittersweet. Needless to say, I am VERY excited to start summer and extremely relieved to be out of this room. How did Emily and I live here for so long?!


Mom and I stopped at the wonderful Jeni's Ice Creams in Clintonville before we left the Columbus area. It was her first time trying it. She got Wildberry Lavender upon my recommendation and loved it. Mmm!


I bought this pint of Lemon & Blueberries yogurt - a summer flavor that is my absolute favorite. So light and cool and refreshing! Yum.


Home!! Zack took me to the Overlook in the Cascade Valley that evening. What a great view! See the bridge in the background? We were so intrigued that we ended up going on a drive in search of where it was. We found it without much trouble! (Which kind of took away from the adventure, but oh well) Turns out it's the State Road bridge right on the edge of Cuyahoga Falls.

No comments: