Thursday, May 26, 2011

5/23/11


Relaxing in the late afternoon near Mirror Lake with Anna. So pretty! It was windy and we kept getting sprayed by the fountain, even though we were sitting pretty far away. It was hot, though, so we didn't mind.

5/24/11


Ah, my annual Old Navy flip flop haul. They always have a $1 flip flop sale every spring, and it's just easier to buy a few pairs for so cheap since I wear them all summer long and they're worn out by the end. I got some pretty fun colors this year! And I'm glad I did - I had to really work to get them. The Old Navy closest to OSU is about a 7 or 8 minute car drive, or a 15 min bus ride. The only problem is - I don't have a car down here (obviously), and the bus runs every hour or so and I hate waiting. You can walk it in like 25-30, or do what I do and ride your bike for 10-15. The actual sale was Saturday, and I rode over there (at 11 am, mind you - it wasn't even later in the day!) and they were completely wiped out. All they had left were white (and no one likes white flip flops - they get dirty so fast!). I mean, you usually get to the sale earlier in the day, but I've never seen the Old Navys at home get cleaned out so fast.  So naturally, I bought 5 white pairs to reserve my $1 price. I rode back there Tuesday, when they got all restocked, and was able to get all of the colors I wanted. Totally worth it!

5/25/11


Not sure exactly what kind of flowers these are, but I walked past and thought they were pretty. :)

5/26/11


Storm! I went outside on the Oval to take some pictures of the crazy black clouds. The textures were awesome!


This is back at my room, right before it started pouring, looking out of my window. The contrast is crazy!

No comments: