Friday, December 10, 2010

11/29/2010


After getting back from Thanksgiving break, I was riding the bus to class on Monday and saw this as I passed. It was on the corner of 17th and College and I couldn't resist taking a picture - so sweet. Although I think I'd rather be asked in person...but it is a nice way to show the world you love someone. :)

11/30/2010


MERRY CHRISTMAS! :) Emily and I went a little Christma-crazy the night before and walked to the local Dollar Store to stock up on Christmas decorations. We wallpapered our door and taped up little stockings that we filled with candy for people to take. You can't really see but we put tinsel all around our door (and in our room too). It was pretty at first but by the time we left a week later after finals there were little silver strands of tinsel EVERYWHERE.


The Christmas lights we got were definitely a nice touch as well. We got two strands and ended up stringing them almost the entire perimeter of our room. I love Christmas.

12/1/2010


The first day of December on campus was rather appropriate - we had bitterly cold temps and got hit with the first snow in Columbus. The roof of this building is a bright coppery color that I've noticed many times before but on that day with the dark snow clouds above, the roof seemed to be glowing.

12/2/2010


I went with Anna to a ceremony put on at Mirror Lake called Light Up the Lake. It was a really nice little half hour that involved listening to some Christmas carols, free hot cocoa, singing Carmen Ohio and holding candles in a big circle around the lake (as seen above)...


...and then the Christmas lights around the lake were flipped on! So pretty.

12/3/2010


I noticed the bit of Christmas spirit in this little courtyard - the decorated lamp posts and bushes. Anytime I see any sort of decorations for the holidays I get a warm fuzzy feeling - can you tell that Christmas is my favorite holiday??

12/4/2010


My Dad got me these little penguins (one big one and one little one) since they are my favorite animals. :) I usually keep them on a chair in my room but I was using the chair and moved them up to my bed and noticed later the positions they fell in. I didn't even mean to do it - but it looks like the baby is peeking around from behind the big one and it cracked me up.

12/5/2010


I took this while walking back to the room after my final Calculus review session before finals week. This is an alternate view of the lights on Mirror Lake and the little bit of snow that Columbus got.

12/6/2010


Emily did my nails! She painted them a bright Christmas red and mixed a greenish-silver color to paint on little ribbons tied into bows on each finger, then added some glitter. Very festive!

12/7/2010


The sun was setting as I looked out of the window in my room across to Stradley Hall and I noticed that you could see the orangeish-pink glow of the sunset on the windows. So cool.

12/8/2010


All packed and ready to go on break! The night before my last (chemistry) final and going home I got all my stuff together. The room looks so empty after removing this much out of it! But I suppose it's appropriate since I'll be gone three and a half weeks.

12/9/2010


Hahahaha - I went to Zack's last night after finally arriving HOME (and surviving finals - yay winter break!!) and we entered his house only to find one of his dogs, Stanley, trapped in his doggie hoodie! :( It was hilarious but so sad - he couldn't see anything until we took it off of him. Poor Stanley.

12/10/2010


A bit of a change in snowfall from Columbus to Akron, eh? Yeah, we (Akron) got quite a bit the past week so it was a bit of a shock to come home to. Pretty, nonetheless. This is my front yard (with the festive Christmas holly tree on the right).


I finally got a male betta fish today to match Emily's Grumpy. I named him Ocean because in the pet store he looked mostly blue. Now he looks more purplish but I don't want to change his name. :) He's so pretty.


Only problem is, because he is a "semi-aggressive tropical fish," he is taking some time to get used to me. Whenever he sees me he flares his gills at me and tries to attack the glass of his bowl. Silly Ocean. Hopefully he warms up to me soon!

No comments: