Monday, November 29, 2010

To my credit, I tried to update this weekend but sadly I forgot to bring home my camera cord with me. So here I am, updating on a Sunday night while sitting in my dorm room.

11/16/2010


This is Emily, trying to make me laugh at nearly 1 in the morning by showing me her cheerleading/gymnastics skills. We get a little crazy after about 11 pm.

11/17/2010


I thought this was a really cool picture with the sun behind the red tree and all the pretty leaves on the ground. I also love the old building in the background.

11/18/2010

Sadly, I skipped today...not on purpose, I even had a photo in mind to take but for whatever reason, it slipped my mind.  That day was not the best day for me (not to make excuses) since I had a midterm and two quizzes and I was pretty stressed out. Once the day was over, I was drained. :( So sad.

11/19/2010


My dad brought me a set of stickers quoting Henry David Thoreau when he came to visit me on the 17th. I put them above my bed. I love how it looks!


My friend Anna, Emily, our friend Mirko and I all went to my (former) diner of employment on campus, Sloopy's, to indulge in some greasy food and rich chocolate cake, pictured above. YUM.

11/20/2010


This is the walkway between the Wexner Center for the Arts on campus and Mershon Auditorium. I went with Anna to see our friend Ian (I've mentioned his blog before, check out the links on the side, his is Sweet Nothings) perform in OSU's latest musical production, Opera Scenes. He did great! His sister and our friend Cierra were also in the performance and they did great as well. I was fascinated with this walkway pictured above because the lights would change in color as they moved down the walkway. Psychedelic. 


This is also a pretty terrible quality (poo) picture of Ian during his performance. Very impressive!

11/21/2010


This is the HUGE iguana that is at the Dublin Winking Lizard (very close to Columbus). Emily was kind enough to invite me to have lunch with her and her family on Sunday. I had a really good time and enjoyed being away from the dorm for a bit.


After lunch, she took me back to her house to meet her pets (yay!). She has two kitties, an adorable dog and a hedgehog.  This is one of her kitties, Smokey, who is really sweet. She was hooked onto and wrapping her paws around Emily's arm. Sooo cute!

11/22/2010


Kind of a boring picture, I know. This is a picture of the gazebo and part of the gardens on Ag campus that I took while waiting for my environmental science class to start.

11/23/2010


Sitting at the fireplace at the Ohio Union for a few minutes of me-time (the only me-time I got that Tuesday since I had classes all day, a chemistry lab, meeting with my advisor, was packing for Thanksgiving break, and preparing for my 7:30 a.m. calc midterm the next day). I love fires; they are so relaxing.

11/24/2010


HOME! One of the first places I went after arriving home around 10:30 a.m. Wednesday morning (my dad picked me up in Columbus to drive up to Akron at 8:30 a.m. after my calculus midterm). I love me some Krispy Kreme donuts, one of the finer aspects of Akron, OH. :) They even had a glazed pumpkin spice donut - delicious.

11/25/2010


Happy Thanksgiving! My mom and I cooked our own meal as we usually do and ate around noon. It was very good. I made the green been casserole, yams, and pumpkin pie - very good if I do say so myself! My mom made her famous cornbread, stuffing and stuffed acorn squash (our delicious vegetarian main dish substitute) and cranberry sauce, also very good. I had a yummy meal later on that evening at my dad's house. Two meals on one Thanksgiving? Boy, am I lucky.

11/26/2010


Merry Christmas! While I was home, Zack and I went to the John S. Knight Center Holiday Tree Festival. It's a great festival every year that includes various organizations and citizens decorating and donating trees to be auctioned off. The proceeds go to Akron Children's Hospital. It's a great program and I love seeing the trees; they are always so unique and festive. There were two OSU themed trees but this was my favorite of the two. GO BUCKS! (and *ahem*, we did beat Michigan - AGAIN)

11/27/2010


I took this picture right before I went to sleep when Freddy was curled up in bed with me. He looks so cuuute (and sleepy)!


Hahahahah - this photo makes me laugh so much. He was mid-motion in that kitty pose that cats do when they are licking their chops (I had just given him a small piece of cheese). Somehow I caught him in the funniest picture ever - he looks so ferocious!

11/28/2010


I am in love with this picture - cutest picture ever. The bottom is Ginger and Fred is at the top, sound asleep. They are brothers and I think it's adorable how Ginger is looking so lovingly right up at Fred. They love each other. :)


My dad and I went hiking at Goodyear Heights Metro Park (my dad finished his hiking spree!) today before I left to come back down to OSU. We stopped to look at Alder Pond and noticed it was partially frozen, but the ice was more like slush and it was sort of undulating on top of the water. This picture makes the lake look very wintry - but it actually was in the upper 30s today and sunny. I took this because you can faintly see bright red leaves or berries near the reeds on the edge of the lake in the middle of the picture - my dad and I could not figure out what they were. Strange.


No comments: