Thursday, February 17, 2011

2/5/11


This day it snowed and I thought the view from my window was pretty since the tree was lightly dusted. I love snow when it's not all gross and brown and half melty.

2/6/11


Anna and Emily did some finger painting while I was doing a bunch of homework one night and this was one of the pictures Anna did. It apparently is her rendition of Starry Night. I am quite impressed. 

2/7/11

Forgot a picture - I had a busy day. :(

2/8/11


My empty Starbucks doubleshot...I love ordering it, not just because it's a great way to perk up, but I genuinely love the challenge of knocking back all that bitter espresso. In a weird way, I really like the taste.

2/9/11


I saw this on my way to class and thought it was cool. OSU pride!

2/10/11


A view the of McCracken Power Plant behind a campus building. The two stacks are always smoking, which is probably a pretty bad sign, but I just thought the huge billows of white smoke that day were pretty against the bright blue sky.

2/11/11


Home for the weekend! I took this within the first five minutes of getting home...this is how Isabel was looking at me as I came in the living room. She looks psychotic. She's so strange, haha.

2/12/11


I have a bunch of duck pictures like this from Saturday. My mom and I went hiking at the local Towpath trailhead that morning and as usual, there were hordes of hungry ducks. At this point, the ducks had just started to sort of chase me in pursuit of food as I walked down the path. There is one in the very back of the crowd in the middle of taking off for flight if you really look. Ducks are just so silly!


I feel silly for not knowing the name of this river, but I know it is runs from the Long Lake Channel near Portage Lakes. Mom and I ventured off the path in Mesopotamia (the named area of the towpath we were hiking on) and found a relatively new bridge back in the woods that went over the water. It's actually really pretty back there.

2/13/11


My Dad and I went to Firestone Metro Park and took a hike Sunday, as well (two snowy hikes in one weekend for me!). Firestone is known for having chickadees that are basically trained by the public to feed out of hands if you bring seed - so of course, we always do. And they are always hungry! I caught this picture of a chickadee on my dad's hand.


All the ones I got sitting in my own hand turned out kind of blurry, but it still is cool. I love the feeling of the little birds sitting there because they sort of grip your hand with their little clawed feet and you feel them peck at your hand to get the seed. They are so cute!


I love this photo! Solitary chickadee on a bare branch against winter skies.

2/14/11


Happy Valentine's Day! Walking back from my shift at work at sunset, the sky was an appropriate shade of pinkish purple, with the moon peeking out in the top right corner. Pretty.

2/15/11


I know I've done this before, and it's not the most interesting picture, but I worked a double shift this day and I was out of time and inspiration. Also, Emily gave me a pretty pinkish-gold eyeshadow (E.L.F. "Trendy") for V-Day the day before,so I tried it out and am wearing it here (along with some colors from a "Time for Wine" palette by Maybelline).

2/16/11


I love jetstreams. And sky pictures...but I think you already knew the latter. :)

2/17/11


I wish it was possible to capture the true weather on a day through a picture, but I couldn't. But today was GORGEOUS. I wore capris and sometimes took off my jacket while I was walking. It was mostly sunny and crazy windy; I think it got up to the mid-60s. I wish it could just be spring now. This is one of the wind direction indicators near the towers on campus. I actually walked all the way to Ag Campus (25 minute walk - I usually take the bus) and the wind indicators were all swinging around like crazy from the gusts, but of course you can't really tell.


Not sure what this is...but I found it while taking a rest on a bench outside this evening. I thought it looked like a heart, though, and the texture was cool, so I took a picture.

No comments: