Thursday, February 3, 2011

1/22/11


This is my little Hotei figurine I keep on my TV stand. Hotei is the God of Happiness in Buddhism. I've always been drawn to figurines of him and my mother gave me this before I left for college. The other day I dropped him and his hand broke, though (laying next to him). :( Emily did a sweet thing and fixed him with superglue, though, so he is good as new and inspiring me to be happy again (cheesy, I know).

1/23/11


This was a cool looking snowdrift I found at sunset. I like the perspective on this photo and how blue the evening sky is.

1/24/11


Emily got a new fish to replace the now deceased Grumpy. He had been sick for weeks so she just decided to humanely put him out of his misery. RIP Grumps. :( On the bright side, her new fish, State Farm a.k.a. Toothless (the former inspired by our friend Anna - long story - and the latter inspired from How to Train  Your Dragon) is super cute. He nibbles your finger if you stick it in the water and he's super feisty. We like him a lot. :)

1/25/11


These are my new inspirational quotes I put above my desk so I can stop being distracted while I study :) The top is "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall" from Confucius and the bottom is "The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing" from Walt Disney.

1/26/11


I was walking through the oval about midday and it kind of hit me how many people really do go to OSU. There were so many students walking through the oval on all the different pathways and they often formed little single-file lines in different directions - like the pathway jutting off to the right of the picture.

1/27/11


Toothless/State Farm's tank again - this was his huge bubble nest he made! (And you can see him in the left of the photo) Emily cleaned the water and got rid of the nest a few days later and he already has made another one almost the same size. He's quite a happy fish.

1/28/11


Mmmm - Insomnia Cookies.  They deliver fresh and warm to your dorm on campus - at any hour. It's our favorite late night snack (these were Zack and I's leftovers when he came to visit this past weekend :).)

1/29/11


Zack and I went to have a belated anniversary (2 and a half years!) dinner at my former place of work, Sloopy's Diner. One of our favorite meals is brinner (breakfast for dinner), so that's exactly what we got. Yum.

1/30/11


One of my favorite fruits. A good late night study snack. And I also thought a close up looked pretty cool.

1/31/11


This is Emily and I's new dorm decoration - matching roomie key and wallet hooks. We even wrote our names on them and decorated them. Mine is on the right. Aren't we just precious? :)

2/1/11


We had a huge ice storm the previous night. We were all sure classes would be cancelled, but of course, OSU is too tough to let that happen - they just dumped loads of salt on the sidewalks and had us carry on. Oh well, I got some really great ice pictures out of it! Above is ice-encrusted grass.


A view of the trees outside of my dorm - they all looked silvery because of the ice coating. The picture doesn't do it justice though!


A little red bush covered in ice.

2/2/11


I didn't mean for the camera to flash and make his eyes all red but I couldn't resist - his mouth is open as he eats his little fruit! Isn't he adorable?

2/3/11


A sheet of ice glistening in the afternoon sunshine.


Pretty twilight on the icey pathways.

No comments: