Sunday, August 28, 2011

Update 2 of 3...

8/14/11


I returned to work after Stone Lab and saw this! Every month, the cashier with the most perfect drawers wins a $25 Marc's gift card. This time, it was me! I bought lots of school supplies. :)

8/15/11


At work again and discovered this. How does this happen?! One of the many joys I have to deal with at work...

8/16/11

I skipped a day. :( Booo.

8/17/11


Camping with Zack at East Harbor State Park! This was our wonderful campsite.


Walking along on of the paths bordering East Harbor. It was beautiful!


A huuuge lily pad in the water! Crazy.


Glacial grooves! They were big compared to the ones on Gibraltar Island.


The cute little ice cream stand we stopped at that evening. Yum!


The beach at the state park. The water was very shallow in some areas because there were little sandbars dispersed all the way out as far as we were allowed. The waves always made cool patterns on these shallow spots! 


A close up of some of the ridges in the sand the waves make.


I loved this beach. :)


Two waves meeting and crossing!


Can you tell I like taking wave pictures?


Zack and I's setup to make smores. Yummm!

8/18/11


We visited Marblehead Lighthouse! I had never seen a lighthouse this close up.


So beautiful!


The views of Lake Erie from the rocky shores at the foot of the lighthouse weren't bad, either.


We went BACK to the same ice cream spot as pictured above and got sundaes! I got this amazing fresh peach sundae and Zack got a buckeye sundae. Sooo good!

8/19/11


Some views of the pretty marsh/wetland areas near the beach of the park.


One last look before we leave!


Before completely leaving town, we stopped to get some fresh peaches at a small market. The Sandusky region is known for its delicious peaches!


Here is the market we stopped at!

No comments: